I tried adjusting my palette for this one just as an experiment, swapping permanent rose for alizarin crimson and transparent gold ochre for yellow ochre, but keeping ultramarine, lemon yellow and burnt sienna. I also added light green.
I normally don’t like mixing greens from yellow and blue as it never seems to be vibrant enough. So in this case I used lemon yellow and a tiny amount of the light green to get the main green for the apples (but also added gold ochre to tone it down)
I’m finding I am using my fingers and palette knife a lot more these days as the painting goes on, whereas a year ago it would be brushes throughout.